Wednesday 24 December 2014

speedygeese training

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, December 24, 2014 with
I haven't quite got up to steam on my "new" training regime; the holiday season, you know. But I did go out on Saturday for a pleasant long run along Lake Burley Griffin, and I did do my hill springs on Sunday with Andrew and Lucia, on a not-too-hot morning at Stromlo Forest Park.

On Monday afternoon in pleasant conditions still, we changed the early start time to 5:00pm because of paid parking being introduced at Parliament House. Lola, Bron, Ewen and I completed 4k, then at 5:30pm we joined the main group for warmup, 1k slow, 1k fast, a demonstration of the Summer Challenge exercises, then 2 x (4 x (40 secs on, 20 secs off)), followed by 1k fast, and our cooldown. Present were Andy, Bron, Colin, Ewen, me, Helen (new), Isaac, Jen, Jessica, Lola, Ruth & Warrick. Then we had a Christmas drink, compliments of Jen, out in the fresh air where we were also joined by Helen's husband Chris.

Next week: we carry on. 5:00pm early run; 5:30pm training.

Happy nutritious Christmas!