Monday 31 October 2011

silvertale

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, October 31, 2011 with
My splits in the AMG 5k on 9 October were very approximately 4:00, 4:03. 4:09. 4:12. 4:00. I wasn't trying to win the race or even run a fast time, I was running slowly. I was blowing away the cobwebs after driving to Adelaide, thinking I had a chance of placing in the later cross country and half marathon races, just wanting to get a run in first. It was humid and there was a strong wind blowing and I was running solo, no other runner with me. So what caused me to run about equal best time for the year? The track. It was new, soft, fantastic to run on. In comparison, the track in Canberra is absolutely awful. Running here at Bruce is like running on concrete; a calf-tearer. I should start a petition to re-surface Bruce Stadium, using the same material that Santos Stadium in Adelaide was resurfaced with earlier this year.

So, a surprise Silver medal. That took the pressure off for later.

At Santos Stadium in Adelaide

John Levitski watching Heidi Johnston win her 1500m. The talented W50 runner Robyn Basman is in the foreground.

Heidi receiving her W40 1500m gold medal

gold gold gold for Anne Young

My M60 5000m silver.

Coming Events Week 44 of 2011:

Mon 31 Oct4:30pm*Parliament House 8k jog
5:30pm*Parliament House speedygeese training
Tue 1 Nov6:15pm*YCRC Spring Series 5k Boat House East
Wed 2 Nov12:15pmBBQ Stakes 6k handicap
Thu 3 Nov6:00pm*ACTVAC Track
Fri 4 Nov12:15pmCustoms Joggers 5k handicap
6:30pmAACT Track
Sat 5 Nov 8:00am*Metro Runners Acton Ferry Terminal
6:00pmTACT Capital Summer 10k
Sun 6 Nov9:00amYCRC Women’s 6k Jogalong Weston Park
* = I expect to attend.

Happy Birthday Kelley Flood, 51 today!
Happy Birthday Noeline Burden, 58 today!