Monday 24 December 2018

My running streak day 106

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, December 24, 2018 with
Today I had a Christmas Eve morning run of 4k, a slow jog. And for a song of the week, I suppose I should post what went up on the speedygeese facebook page a couple of days ago:

The 1,059th run down the street and over the bridge song
Slow down, you run too fast
I never like to finish last
Avoiding all the pollen zones
Looking for speed, and feeling woosy
(Ba da-da da-da da-da, missing Suzie)
Here’s a lamppost, must keep going
I've had to watch, wilful elbowin'
Ain't you going to kudos me?
Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, can’t be choosy
(Ba da-da da-da da-da, like a newbie)
I got no zip at all, no wombat’s leap
I'm aching and buggered and ready to sleep
Let my speedygeese friends bring the best out of me
Runs so fast though, Jacob Grooby
(Ba da-da da-da da-da, Jacob Grooby)
Based on the 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy):



YOUTUBE.COM
Music video by Simon & Garfunkel performing Feelin' Groovy. (C) 1982 Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel under…
Comments

Helen Way Brilliant! Excellent work Geoff Moore!
Manage


LikeShow More Reactions
Reply1d

Geoff Moore We can do this again if we try....

There was a song by Leonard Cohen

I changed to make about Gary Bowen 
But you don't wish to annoy him just now do you?
Well he was third, then fourth, and ended fifth, 
A minor fail in a major gift
I’m baffled as the last line won’t scan or sound like Hallelujah.

Nor does this so far make any sense
Maybe I should revert to Simon and Garfunkle and write about Dave Clark?

David Clark you are my friend 
I've come to run with you again

That looks like a more successful work in progress.


1
Manage


LikeShow More Reactions
Reply18h

Helen Way Laughed pretty loudly over this! Poor neighbours!
Manage


LikeShow More Reactions
Reply16h

Ruth Baussmann Love it! :)
Manage


LikeShow More Reactions
Reply1d

David Clarke Jacob Grooby ðŸ˜‚😂😂😂
Manage


LikeShow More Reactions
Reply1d




Happy Christmas.