Thursday 4 September 2008

• All You Need Is Love

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, September 04, 2008 with
It's month nine.
It's month nine.
It's already month nine.
It's month nine.

Time goes slowly if you do something you don't enjoy very much.
That must be why time goes very very fast these days.
I am enjoying myself immensely.

Time went slowly the other evening when I sat next to someone who kept rubbishing me.
I was nice in return, something I felt good about after.
But there are such people around, who find fault with everything you do (particularly if you are someone who does do many things), who have a negative attitude and a chip on the shoulder about anyone and anything, and who love to share their negativity with others.

The existence of such people is one reason I am publishing the "despair" de-motivator series.
Some demotivators are funny.
What the demotivators might do though is cause me to be better de-sensitised to any doom-saying around me, teach me to laugh out loud at such negative attitudes, and ultimately enable me to disregard such rudeness.

I will continue publishing demotivators. During month nine anyway. And eight days into month ten. It won't be long.



My new BBQ pb
Yesterday's BBQ Stakes, about my 81st run there, was a new pb of 24.41, beating my previous pb run 18 months ago by six seconds. And I won the handicap! Wow, I am actually improving in real terms, not just in age-adjusted terms. And I do like getting re-handicapped to start further back, it means I can try and keep up with faster runners.
Roger ran ~30.26, a time he was happy with as he starts to return to form. As he will. And when I give him a start next time we run the handicap race and he is fit, it will be a good challenge to try and catch him.

Training is on tonight at Dickson; just six more Thursdays there including today, until Masters Track resumes. It's a 5:30pm start, don't be late!