Tuesday 29 January 2019

My running streak day 142

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 with
At last, YCRC races returned, with the first of the weekly Summer Series events at Stromlo Forest Park on this afternoon, meaning that I could join in with that instead of figuring out and trying to get motivated about what run I was going to do. I ran 25:34 for the race, it's a bit over 5k, it includes slow (for me) hills. And humidity was high as well as temperature being at least 33 degrees out there. No shade, either, but at least there was a breeze at times. My km splits varied between 5:05 (+13 elev) to 4:46 (-21 elev). And I had to sprint at the end to hold off a fast finishing Natty B, who had been a long way back at 4k, taking it easy until then.

With a 2k warm-up and a 2k cool-down, that was 9k for the day for me.

Here are some pics from the Mount Ainslie parkrun last Saturday. Taken by Lisa. Thanks Lisa.