Saturday 8 June 2019

My winter training day 6

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, June 08, 2019 with
The plan is to have a 5k time trial or race every Saturday, then have Sunday off, as parkruns in particular were leaving me quite sore the next day.
So today an age handicap was being held at Stromlo Forest park, a hilly course which slows me down, but with an excellent soft surface, and it was a cool and sunless day but with absolutely no breeze.
I was 8th - second for much of it - in 23:38, the Garmin said 5.15k and also said I went through 5k in 22:50, which given the hills is way faster than I have run for years.
So far so good with the training; all is going well.


Dave passed me today with a little over a km to go - I think he finished third. The photo is from last week's Tuggeranong parkrun.