Thursday 27 September 2007

Countdown to Track

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, September 27, 2007 with
Happy Birthday Aki. 25 years young, tomorrow! Only five more years and you're a Veteran!

Veterans' Track Program, first night, Thursday 18 October:
As well as throws and jumps, we have
TimeTrack Event
6:00pm1000m walk
6:20pmsprint hurdles
6:30pm1500m
7:00pm100m
7:15pm3000m (GM)
7:35pm400m
8:00pm4x100m, 2x200m relay
8:15pmspiral 4

See http://www.actvac.com.au/Track/Prog2.htm for more information.

Keep on stretching

Stretch 4 Hip Abductors: Place your foot into the loop of a rope. Wrap it around the outside of your ankle. Rotate the leg outward and the other leg inward slightly. Lock your knee. Extend your leg across the midline of your body, leading with your heel.

At yesterday’s BBQ Stakes I ran 25.55 and Helen 27.18. Helen was over a minute faster than last week. My time was my fastest since 16 May. My next race is the 5000m track on 8 October at the Australasian Masters Games in Adelaide. Originally hoping to break 19 minutes, I think I have regained enough form to break 21. It could have been a lot worse.

First day of new training program a rest day! That is the way to organise it! I have got myself a new training program starting Friday 19 October. The first day is a rest day, but I will be trying out a new gym on that day.

Meanwhile Ken will be looking after Speedygeese training while I am away. And Ewen the blog, although I will still be posting fairly regularly I hope. After my return on 18 October, I will be introducing brand new training sessions at Parliament house Mondays, with track racing starting up on Thursdays. And as daylight saving arrives, at last.

And if you missed Allrounder on the television news last night, there's a photo and an article in today's Canberra Times newspaper.

My most recent music purchases, for listening to on my new car CD player as I drive across the Hay plains in the next few days: