Monday 24 September 2007

Monday Monitor

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, September 24, 2007 with
My training progress
last week's target: 82k
achieved: 80k
year total to date: 2,977k in 38 weeks
this week’s target: 80k
weight: 65.5kg ▼

I thought I ran pretty slowly on Sunday - I trotted down the hills, struggled up them - but it was as quick as I have run for a while, I ran the same time as I did on this course last year, and surprisingly I had the best AST% in the training group for either course. But the fact that it felt slow is probably a good thing; so I am waiting for a run to feel fast.

I might even take up stretching to see if that helps. Or; I owe it to the training group to do some personal research on whether stretching helps after running forever.

Stretch 1 pelvic tilt:
Lie down on your back with both knees bent. Place your hands behind your knees. Lift your legs toward your chest. Gently assist with your hands; don't pull. Only hold for a very short time; Repeat several times.


song of the week: “All Day and All of the Night”, by The Kinks.
Evermore also have an excellent version of this song, on their "Light Surrounding You" single. I have added the Kinks' version to the blog playlist...

Our House


(This is a reversal; here J cooks, I clean)