Saturday 1 September 2012

run and swim

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, September 01, 2012 with
This morning's -6.8 was the all time record coldest in Canberra for September.

It didn't stop Ginninderra Parkrun #19, 800am start, having 65 finishes. Jill ran 24.53, her second time under 25 minutes.

At Acton Ferry Terminal, 9:00am start, I was alone, and managed to run 8k. Here's the 8k course - to the toilet block at Acacia Inlet and back.


I feel like the injury is improving - after running 6:30 per km this morning, better than the 7:00+ of two weeks ago.


Then I met Barney at the AIS pool, and swam there for the third week in a row. It was an interval session; 20x50m on a set time, plus warm-up and cool-down.

I will keep the Saturday swims going, and when I can run longer, I will start running earlier.