Thursday 2 October 2014

See where we went part 7: Powerscourt, County Wicklow

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, October 02, 2014 with
The morning of 27 May: Our cruise ship arrived in Dublin Bay and we entered the mouth of the River Liffey. Disembarking we boarded a coach and travelled into Ireland’s Wicklow Mountains to visit the Powerscourt mansion and gardens. My ancestors came from County Wicklow, and I can safely guess they did not live here!


Where the Garmin said I walked that morning


And Powerscourt (the green marker) relative to Dublin


We drove out through Dublin


Please keep off the grass. Noooo. Everything is so green.


Gardens


Steps


Fountains


It is I


Very much more gardens


Tree


Flowers flowers everywhere


Wifey


On location for a movie


Foliage

This has been but a small selection of my photos from the morning of the 27th. The afternoon photos at another location, are still to come. Jenny took many photos too, I haven't seen them yet. The evening's photos, back in Dublin, have already been put up on this blog. To see them and all other posts of this trip, past posts and future posts later on, check the label "see where we went".