Tuesday 23 August 2011

outside the crowds

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 with
Training at Parliament House last night: Ewen, Nadine & I ran 8k early, then the main group consisting of Andrew, Andy, Colin, David, Garry, me, Helen, Jen, Larissa (new), Neil, Rae, Ruth, Warrick & Yelena ran up to 8 x 400m with a 400m jog under lights on the west side of the House. Must say I didn't feel the cold after a couple of the intervals despite wearing only t-shirt, shorts and cap; no gloves, beanie or long sleeves. It is good to think that the days are getting longer and spring is around the corner.

Coming up on Saturday 3 September one or more of the Metro Runners and I will be running in the YCRC ten mile event at 8:00am from Black Mountain Peninsula. Please join us if you would like a nice easy training or tempo run; we won't be travelling any faster than ten minute miles. But as the saying goes, ten miles at ten minute miles is the same distance as ten miles at six minute miles.

Coming up on Sunday 4 September is the next High Noon meet, and Kathy Southgate would very much appreciate company for the 3000m being run on that day. Whether or not you would be able to run the 90 second laps she would surely be aiming at, or would be making up the field, it doesn't matter; the more people there the better for her. As a matter of interest, the National W55 3000m record is just under 11:15 - exactly 90 seconds per lap.

Song of the week: Dark Horses - Switchfoot - from Vice Verses, at http://youtu.be/iiNmS-ix43M.



Dark Horses
I’ve made my mistakes
I’ve seen my heart cave in
I’ve got my scars
I’ve been to hell and back again

Born for the blue skies
We’ll survive the rain
Born for the sunrise
We’ll survive the pain

- Chorus -
We’re singing…
Hey, You can’t count us out
We’ve been living up against the crowd
Yeah, we are the Dark Horses
We’re singing…
Hey! It’s not over now
We’ve been down but we’ve never been out
Yeah, we are the Dark Horses

We found a way out
The city takes everything it can
But outside the crowds
I can feel my lungs again

We’re singing…

We don’t care what they say
We know we’ll find a way
Yeah!… We are the Dark Horses


Vice Verses will be released soon. I am holding my breath but it's taking forever. Switchfoot and Anberlin are currently/soon touring together in the US. A double act to die for!