Monday, 12 July 2010

consolation

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, July 12, 2010 with 4 comments
What's on this week:
Monday 12 July
: Parliament House 4:30pm 8k jog; 5:30pm speedygeese interval training
Wednesday 14 July: 12:15pm BBQ Stakes 6k handicap
Wednesday 14 July: 5:45pm Parliament House, easy run, about 12k
Thursday 15 July: Dickson 4:00pm long run; 5:30pm speedygeese interval training
Friday 16 July: 12:15pm Customs 5k handicap, Stage 88
Sunday 18 July: ACTCCC Googong Half Marathon 2/4.2/21.1km, 2 person relay. Tin Hut off Googong South Road

Remember too there is a new, under construction, ACTVAC calendar at http://my.calendars.net/actvac which you might like to view from time to time.

Hill Sprints start at Parliament House tonight! Sadly I will only be watching. This week I will give the early jog a miss as I am not allowed to jog yet, and come along and supervise the hill sprints at 5:30pm.

Torn hamstring. Thank you for your consolation and support. Two weeks off seems like forever, but maybe I can resume jogging this Thursday, or soon after. The Physio will tell me on Thursday. No Blewitts Pines Handicap for me this month, how sad ;) Really sad though is knowing that it may take me forever to get back to the sub 21 minute 5ks I was just starting to enjoy...

4 comments:

  1. bummer about the hammy but at least it's only two weeks off...

    I won't be there tonight but will be at next Monday's session with Jodie (hopefully)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to have you blowing the whistle tonight Geoff. But... if we're really doing 25 x hills off 1 minute next week, I'm not coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (a) no we're not doing 25 x hills on 1 minute next week (phew!), and (b) doing only 15 on 2 minutes was good wasn't it, and (c) people think we're absolutely and definitely doing 20 on 90 seconds next week, they have worked out my usual pattern of things, but in truth I haven't yet decided what the plan is, I play it by ear each week when I get there, and there are other little notions jostling for my attention right now about what we might do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to do my own hills session tomorrow to make up for missing tonight...I'm going to use the archbishop's hill...I wonder if I can manage 15?!

    ReplyDelete