Friday 9 November 2007

Running around in circles

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, November 09, 2007 with
Make hay while the sun shines
Vets track last night was cool again, as it usually is this time of year. The numbers seemed down; not a lot of takers for the steeplechase, obviously. Then they all came out of the wood-work for the last race of the night, the 3000m/5000m. I heard a few complaints about the handicap starts I gave the 200m runners, ah, nothing's changed. We press on. Persistence is a virtue. Good to see Trevor there helping out, but I didn't really have a chance to catch up. I thought I saw Charlie in the stands, but it must have been an hallucination; I don't recall seeing her start in any of the races and she wasn't there when I looked a second time. Great runs by my speedygeese team-mates in the 800m and 3000m though. I survived both and ran darn sight faster times than I did in the last two weeks.

Persistence
1111 posts, doesn't time fly. That's why I am crazily running everything at the moment; making hay while the sun shines. And why I am swimming once a week, the fall-back plan has been put into operation. For when it's needed any year now.

A game
Here is one for you to go on, it's a complete waste of time: a paper throwing game. As for me, I am still playing WoggerMini, up to level 72 now. Keep on swimming, keep on swimming.

What sun?