Saturday 23 May 2009

Who Am I?

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, May 23, 2009 with
Who indeed? Coming soon.

ACT Aardvark Athletics.
This is the name I will be promoting next. There is a bit of an identity crisis in our club (ACTVAC), we don't know who we are. So as not to discriminate, I have come up with a name designed to offend everyone equally. Of course, to ensure that we do offend everyone, we need to know what the acronym "aardvark" is to stand for. The best suggestion will get RECOGNITION and STATUS here in this blog. Comment or email me now. Here are two examples:
"An Arrant Rogue, Decadent & Valueless! A Rampaging Kleptomaniac", or more on subject,
"Aging Athletes Risking Damaged Veins And Rickety Knees"
You get the idea and I am sure you can improve on mine. All suggestions to me in the next couple of days.

Hint: "D" could stand for "Diggers", and/or "V" could stand for "Veterans", if you want to retain our current name. ACT Athletic R.... Diggers & Veterans who A... R... K..." (Always Race Keenly? I have toyed with a few options here...)

Mouse's Eyes
shall I now put lion's ears upon my ears
hear every sound as a roar
shall I now put mouse's eyes upon my eyes
gauge the moon for size against my paw
- from Queen of Love, by The Incredible String Band.