Wednesday 23 August 2006

Slowly breaking through the daylight..

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 with
quote of the day: "rapid motion through space elates one" - James Joyce

The usually unreliable Canberra Times says daylight saving will start on 1 October this year. If it does, that's great news for us! It means more options for training sessions at Parliament House, and it means it won't be quite as cold and miserable for the first one or two Thursday night track meetings at Bruce in October.

start of whinge. I still haven't seen the Vets track program. I try to plan ahead six months or so, and I am waiting to make bookings at Easter depending on when our championships are.... as well as planning training programs through summer leading up to our championships. Gee I hope I find out soon, I have even sent emails and got no replies... end of whinge.


I saw sun rise, I saw sunlight
I am nothing, in the dark
And the clouds burst to show a daylight

This Sunday I will try and run the half marathon about six minutes faster than I managed on a similar course (above) earlier this year... it will be my last shot in 2006 at a fast time. p.s. that's David behind me. A rare event indeed. I had caught him from a long way back. He passed me again soon after this.

And are both my feet firmly on the ground?

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?
Aristotle: To actualise its potential.