Friday 13 September 2013

Three events I am particularly interested in.

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, September 13, 2013 with
1. The YCRC Goorooyaroo Off Road Half Marathon – 7am Sat 19th October. I ran this last year and that was the start of my serious setbacks and injuries. My time was shocking. I want to "exorcise my demons" as they say; I am sure "they" don't realise what they are saying; and demolish the time I ran last year. I hope Craig, Warrick and others who ran last year will run again so that I can set my pace accordingly. [Edit: This is not correct, I have totally mis-remembered. Instead it was the Bush Capital Half at the same venue in 2012 where I got injured running 2:05. The YCRC event in 2012 was a reasonable run, 1:41.]

2. RUN Y'ASS OFF Saturday October 26 2013. A brand new event I really want to run and support. http://www.eliteenergy.com.au/runyass/index.html. I will run the half marathon. There are other shorter events.

3. YCRC Spring Series 2013. The spring series 2013 will get under way with a run at 6.15pm on Tuesday 5th November (Melbourne Cup Day); the first event will not be in Weston Park as advertised due to uncompleted construction work. It will be the Stirling Ridge 5k and start near the intersection of Alexandrina Drive and Hopetoun Circuit, Yarralumla.

On top of all that I plan to make a fool of myself this coming season and run the ACTVAC track in incredibly slow and not record breaking times.

In the meantime I will be down in Geelong competing in the Australian Masters Games in the M65 5000m track, 8k cross country, and half marathon, still very confident of one medal. After that I will be very pleased to be visiting my son, daughter in law, and four of my grandsons, then watch with camera in hand the Melbourne marathon and half marathon down on St Kilda Road. Incidentally my dear (not cheap) wife will be with me, hurray. But PLEASE let me know if you are running so I can watch out for you, cheer you on, and take a photo if I am quick enough.

In summary, there is great running coming up, be involved, it is oh so good for you and guarantees you will live an extra 30 years. I am thoroughly enjoying it and I hope you are too.