Tuesday 6 December 2011

nevertheless

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 with
Parliament House training was a repeat of last week's cardio workout - running for 30 minutes, stopping occasionally at exercise circuit stations. I managed 2 whole chin-ups this week, but that compares with the set of ten that Tim achieved despite his "long arms"! Nevertheless I am pleased with my effort! Also, from midday Sunday to midday Monday I couldn't even walk unassisted, having strained a small muscle in my left foot, nevertheless at training Monday evening I ran 15k in total. The wonder drug voltaren might have had something to do with that.

At training were Cookie, Andrew, Andy, Bronwyn, Craig, me, Helen, Jacob, Lauren (new), Lucia, Mick C, Neil, Rae, Thea, Tim & Yelena. There were push-ups, dips, chin-ups, stepping, some crunches and planking too, as well as 4-6 950m circuits.


I should make it to the relays at Lennox Gardens later today, weather permitting, but I won't run in a team, I shall jog around and enjoy the occasion.

Song of the week: “Whispers in the Dark” by Skillet, a live acoustic version. Skillet fans will love this.