Tuesday 17 November 2009

shade

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 with
Is it time to get into more training?



What I am reading: The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman. Quality adolescent literature. Jenny denies I am in my second childhood; more likely, I haven't stopped being a teenager yet. But I will never grow up if it involves sitting around getting fat.

My report on Monday's training session: The early runners did 7.5k in the heat with several water stops - Ewen, Craig, Jennifer (aka Jen), Ruth & me. Then joining us for a repeat of last week's 5 x ~690m on 5 with 5 PUSH-ups each lap were Andrew (aka Andy), Bronwyn, Caroline (fresh from the triple tri), Christopher (aka Chris), Emily (aka Em), Garry (happy birthday 63 today), Gary, Helen, Jodie, Joel, Kat, Kathy (also fresh from the triple tri), Matthew (aka Matt, Kat's other half), Neil, Richard (new), Tony, Warrick & Yelena. The highlight was Christopher putting on shirt & tie & long trousers straight afterwards; I am told this is his normal behaviour however hot the day. I am glad I never grew up and had to wear ties. Except at weddings and 30th anniversary dinners, of course,

In search of shade: Another change of plan: Pialligo instead of Stromlo
Tony has kindly offered to host Saturday morning's training this week, with a view to inviting us to continue there each week if we decide we like it.
Date: Saturday 21 November
Time: 9:00am
Training session: still 3 x 1k with warm-up and cool-down.
Address: 14 Beltana Rd Pialligo. Drive up the driveway signed "The Pialligo Apple Yurt".

Tony @ O'Connor Ridge


71 years young