Friday 20 April 2012

pattern

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, April 20, 2012 with
More of a traditional training pattern for me for the next 6 months, helped by the fact that I'm coaching Tuesdays & Thursdays instead of Mondays & Thursdays.

Monday: recovery run - jog 10k
Tuesday: gym (strength/flexibility) and jog 6k, then 20k run in the evening, building pace
Wednesday: recovery run - jog 6k
Thursday: am jog 6k. pm 14k pace variation
Friday: gym (cardio/circuit) and jog 6k
Saturday: 20k run (or more) in the morning, or if I'm going out to the cross country, 10k in the morning, and 10k in the afternoon including a tempo run
Sunday: my speed day; either race or intervals or hills, 12k altogether.
Total for each week 100k plus any supplementary running.

This plan is totally flexible and I will try to work it around holidays, the weather, important races, etc.

Streak: part of the reason I am getting fitter is my running streak, now 112  days. At this stage of my progress I have got to the point where my "days off" are easy short runs, and where I can have the occasional additional early run some days.

Titanic


"School of gillards and even an old carr"

Stopped in our tracks

Our first Thursday at Parliament House last night was a success, despite the deluge which stopped us in our tracks part-way through. At training 18 participated: Alain (new), Andrew, Andy, Bronwyn, Caroline, Craig, Ewen, me, Jen, Jennifer (new), Justine (new), Kym, Lucia, Neil, Ruth, Susan, Suzie & Tony. Four of us ran early, then we ran 8x100m hils on 90 at which point we had to stop because of the rain.

Cats!