Tuesday 16 November 2010

world's shortest ever retirement from athletics

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 with
“Running is in my blood and I decided to continue competing. My announcement in New York was my first reaction after a disappointing race.” - Haile Gebrselassie

2009 Berlin Marathon

Speedygeese training last night
Abi, Andy, Brett, Bronwyn, Byron (new), Christopher, Craig, Damian, me, Jen, Jochen (new), Jodie, Joel, Leanne, Neil, Ruth, Tony, Warrick, Yelena & Yili. Byron is the first Metro runner to "cross over"; on his 27th birthday too so he is keen; there'll be more. Metro runners that is. Craig & I ran the early 8k and paid for it later. Damian & Joel declined the harder 800m training so we all ran loops of the 950m circuit. It was yet another damp humid evening and I dare say a fair bit of fluid was lost through sweating. Good to see Yili back with us again, and good to see Abi becoming a regular member of the group.

About 28 people so far have said they are coming to the speedygeese Christmas BBQ at Tony & Chris's in Pialligo, in 3 weeks time, Monday 6 December. Note: please bring along family and friends, everyone is welcome! Just let me know how many are coming.

Candid Canberra #18

The Lake George Zebras now happily retired to Pialligo Plant Farm. Immediately next door to Tony and Chris!!!