Wednesday 13 May 2009

40

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 with
The postman delivered my chest number for Sunday's 40th Canberra Half Marathon. It is number 40. That's not a coincidence. Race organiser Ken Eynon would have done that intentionally, as I would be the only entrant who also ran in the very first Canberra Half Marathon in 1970. Thanks Ken, I am flattered.

Of course it does mean I will have to run, however sore and tired I feel. And I AM sore, I have barely been able to run all week so far. And I AM tired. I will start with the hope of finishing in one piece.


FOOTNOTE
Graeme Small and Alan Wilson who both ran the first Half Marathon may also have entered this year.

EDIT
I AM the only entrant of the 1970 starters, but I am told Graeme, Alan, Julian Scott, Dave McInnes, Jack Pennington, and possibly Dennis Smith, will all be at the start to cheer the runners away.