Monday 14 July 2008

Baby You're a Rich Man

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, July 14, 2008 with
So?

My training progress
last week’s target: 0k
achieved: 0k. Spot on!
year 2008 total to date: 2316k in 28 weeks
this week's target: 80k
weight: 65kg ▲
That was some recovery week! Zero k! Unfortunately I have a cold... Shouldn't worry me too much. My weight has peaked and will drop, so that's OK too.

song of the week "Desert Song" by Brooke Fraser, from "This Is Our God" by Hillsong

During last week at Hillsong we saw many great artists, not the least of which were Leeland who I see as the next-generation Delirious (Leeland himself is only twenty years old and started recording at 14), Michael Gungor whom I see as the next Jonathon Foreman, and Brooke Fraser, the Hillsong United/I Heart Revolution group (whose first movie is on at Hoyts this week), and others such as Guy Sebastian, a crowd favourite, and Israel Houghton/New Order, also a crowd favourite. A feast of brilliant music.

The brilliant Hillsong album "This Is Our God" is number two on the Australian aria charts this week, as expected! It is behind Coldplay's Viva La Vida which is outselling everything else combined (or was until Hillsong came along) but ahead of everything else.

We have booked again next year and will be staying on-site at Homebush which means - I will be able to go running! Next year guests include the awesome Martin Smith (of Delirious) and the awesome Chris Tomlin.

Such a wealth of talent all in one place.

Granddaughter Kayleigh (9 years old)


This profile of Kayleigh appears on http://www.carmelandcogymnastics.com.au/main/page_news_gymnast_profile.html. I just love the "Prime Minister" quote!

Gold Coast results
In addition to the speedygeese results I posted here
Rae Palmer won a silver medal – she was second W60 in the half marathon in 1:48.23

Your training plans
It looks like we will all be training for 800 thru 5000 for next track season! Suits me!



Baby I'm a "rich man". Hope you are too.