Thursday 27 December 2007

the spice of life.

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, December 27, 2007 with

Thinking ahead to 2008. Routine should be one's servant not one's master. After all, variety is the spice of life. In music, in running, in family, in church, in coaching, there's nothing more boring than same old, same old. For example in music:

My best five albums new in 2007:
1. Who We Are - Lifehouse
2. Five Score and Seven Years Ago - Relient K
3. Albertine - Brooke Fraser
4. In Rainbows - Radiohead
5. Cities - Anberlin

In today's newspaper many agree with "In Rainbows" but almost all other albums listed I haven't heard. Yet.

Yesterday I dismantled the tuner/CD player/DVD-Video combo/TV/record player system that has lived in my lounge room for ever-so-many-years and replaced them with a simple TV/DVD combination. Then enjoyed watching the first part of Lord of the Rings again. For Christmas though I received a TV/DVD combo for my study, into which I will see if I can connect the old video player.

Red Rose, I take Katie's order.
Katie is joining me for training Saturday 9am Stromlo. Any other geese, regulars, ring-ins, lurkers, or shirkers are all welcome to join us. Training will be Km reps with warm-up, cool-down, and a longer run option. Bring a drink (it will be hot), a hat, and block-out. Fly spray advised but not essential. Bare feet a distinct possibility; I will compromise and wear my Nike Frees. That's this Saturday, 29th December.