Sunday 7 October 2007

Toronto Waterfront Marathon

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, October 07, 2007 with
From Roger:
Hi all, I finished the marathon about 2 1/2 hours ago, I did it in 3hrs 41mins 38secs, my net time was actually 3:40:32, I was very happy with the run, conditions were a bit overcast at the start about 14 degrees and it was about 19 when I finished, it is a fairly flat run that is basically parallel to Lake Ontario.

I did the first half in 1:50:10 (taking off the time to get to the start line) and doing 1:50:22 in the 2nd half, I ran home well in the last 12kms picking up over 200 runners, I was still fairly sore and considering my preparation had not been that great I can't complain about my time.

See you all back in Canberra in a few weeks, and for those running Bulls Head, keep the training going.

(this was sent on 1 October)

Monday Racing
I will be running the 5k in the morning. My first start in this year's Australasian Masters. My goal is to run it slowly, and finish it, so that two years after my first and only and disastrous attempt, I can finally say I have completed a race at Santos Stadium. Two years ago I pulled up injured after only a few steps and was wheeled from the track. So here goes...