Saturday 24 February 2007

Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, February 24, 2007 with
Quote of the day: "To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence. "

Langty's

I am still pondering, in April's Canberra marathon, will I offer to pace the 3:30 group? For - it would slow me down to a reasonable pace and give me more chance of finishing. Against - I might want to run faster than that on the day, especially if I see an M55 ahead. (Aargh, who cares!) For - I am not really taking the marathon seriously, the halves are more important this year. Against - I did it last year, time for something new. For - I do like helping others, there is a lot of satisfaction seeing others achieve their goals. Against - by running the marathon I only want to see how I am progressing so I might know if my attempt on sub 3 hours in 2009 is still a possibility. For - a 3:30 would still be on track for 2009. Against - pacing is a big responsibility and I am inconsistent and injury prone, letting the side down should my normal calf or ankle niggles occur would be devastating.

I think that last is the killer, let's not do the pacing job. I will still run though, and just see how I do.


FOOTNOTES
1. It's a clock! Do you like it? Can you see how it works? It's quite simple.

2. No Thursday results out yet..

3. But I can't think, my brain is addled, from watching the movie "eXistenZ"; enough to confound and confuse anyone. Don't think I will ever eat amphibian again!