Friday 23 February 2007

fearful symmetry

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, February 23, 2007 with
"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be. "


From the Canberra Marathon newsletter: "We are asked regularly if it is OK to run with headsets. The answer is yes. The only thing we do ask is that you are cognizant of the fact you are running under the care of marshals who may need to provide instructions to you during the race. You need to be able to hear any instructions and also pay attention to the marshals on the course. Also be aware of other runners and the need to be courteous. Of course, this does not apply just to those runners wearing headsets but to all runners on the course." Phew, CJ, you don't have to have the operation to surgically remove your ipod.


FOOTNOTES
1. Last night, trying to break 40mins for the 10k for the first time in about 12 years, I ran 39 minutes and 138 seconds. Close!

2. In the Canberra marathon in April, should I run as a pacer? Pat Carroll would like me to, I haven't replied yet. But if I do run as a pacer, what group? 3:30? 3:15? 3:00? Other? A possible reason to be a pacer is, the marathon is not my main target this year; the half marathons are. On the other hand, it is tempting to think I could run a reasonable time if I feel OK on the day. And I have entered the M55s, with an outside chance of a place. So, what should I do? Advice please!

3. Check out a REAL speedy goose - from Joan Nesbit Mabe's website/blog - http://www.runningland.com/2005/10/23/honk-honk/. This is a site I will be reading regularly! We are not alone.

Lap scorers in last night's 10k track race.
Ewen is the one standing.
Well that's what they looked like in my delirium
after a few laps!