Wednesday 11 January 2006

Time To Run

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 with


I must say it is difficult to get out there and run when it is 36.4 degrees at 5pm, as it was yesterday.

(For international readers, we are talking Celsius, not Fahrenheit here)!

But our 10k training and marathon training programs dictated 10km to 11km of running for Griffin, Strewth and me, and we didn't want to have to catch up later in the week.

(By the way it is interesting to see who reads this blog. The readership is up to 50 per day now, and I can drill back via my Site Meter to see where many of you have come from. With that in mind, I hope what I have to say is inspiring, encouraging and helpful, if not entertaining as well)

So we cancelled the speed part but still ran the distance.

Not that we have to run every day - I could easily sleep on or stay in but, well, I try and summon up the discipline to get out every day, and each time it helps to make it easier next time.

No I don't have any real health problems, it is just that this is my 45th year of belonging to athletic clubs and competing very frequently, and it gets harder to motivate myself. The best way I have found is to arrange to meet other people for training.

I used to like that Nike slogan - but in this heat I am not so sure....