Thursday 5 January 2006

Lunchtime Running

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, January 05, 2006 with
I had an easy run over the BBQ Stakes 6k course yesterday. When I say "easy" I had no intention of pushing the pace following the hard training I have been doing recently; I got there early and ran 8k beforehand while the sun was still under the clouds; and wore my cap and glasses which is a dead give-away that I am not taking a race very seriously. Anyway, the time was 25:58, a new pb for the anti-clockwise version of the course; I have only broken 26 minutes once before, this for the clockwise version. So maybe things are looking up?

The BBQ Stakes is on every Wednesday lunchtime at Woden from 12:15pm and costs $1 to enter. It is my only really hilly run of the week. Because it is a handicap, one is dragged along at a reasonable pace. A good work-out. And you can park on Chappell Street Lyons right at the start/finish between 11am and 2pm for free.

Speedy Wombat

Here is a photo of my weblog co-contributor (in yellow) enjoying the rigours of the Canberra Marathon. We don't see many photos of Ewen, as he is often the one with the camera. We are planning to update our Team Moore photos soon, so when you come out to training in the next couple of weeks, please wear your best smiles.


Ewen sometimes races over very long distances but plans to run a fast 3000 on the track this year. At the very worst 11:59.9.

Look at all that lovely shade on the marathon course! I never realised.