Thursday 19 September 2013

invisible substance

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, September 19, 2013 with
Democracy? Apparently the majority are always right. With our "new" government busy dismantling sensible environmental policy, I was going to write something about great moral, economic and social challenges, but I shall resist that temptation and stop right here. I guess along with CO2, "fitness" could be described as an invisible substance; most people inaction would tell us so. After all, it is "my right" to believe whatever I want to, truth doesn't come into it any more. With science no longer favoured, maybe sport can save us. Sorry about this incoherent rant, but it is all too depressing this morning to think straight. Arrrrgh. The majority is NOT always right. Maybe the following states it clearer.


Footnote - they have abolished the climate commission. http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abbott-shuts-down-climate-commission-20130919-2u185.html. I am speechless. http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/ratbag