Friday 10 September 2010

hamstrung

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, September 10, 2010 with
No gym for me today - I went, looked at the circuit that was set up there, and decided my hamstring wouldn't survive the exercises.

Last night at Dickson, and it is going to be the last night until April 2011, Craig ran early; I turned up later and shuffled around the track but for me it wasn't going to happen. Warrick turned up & didn't run either; no size ten shoes! Rain started very gently at six-ish but by then we had started training; three relay teams of of three running 12 x 220m each. Running were Bronwyn, Colleen, Craig, Jodie, Nadine, Neil, Ruth, Susan & Yelena. Joel after a bit longer warm-up ran some 100m run-throughs. By the time we finished, (a) we were soaked, (b) we outnumbered the Bilbys three to one, and (c) we learned that Dickson track was to be closed immediately so we would have to find another venue.

Only five weeks to track at the AIS; in the interim we will meet at Parliament House on Thursdays as well as Mondays. My plan is to do the same as Mondays and meet at 4:30pm for an early 8k run.

There might have been rain last night but it was fine and sunny for the Vets handicap last month at Mt Taylor.

Ruth
let my feet hit the ground, running, woh-oh-oh-oh

Neil, Maria

so far so good. now let's conquer this hill.