Tuesday, 22 September 2009

I wasn't thinking...

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 with 3 comments
...when a waitress asked me last night what we were celebrating, I should have said "Kevin Rudd's birthday". Sixteen speedygeese enjoyed a night out at La Capanna restaurant in Kingston; Bronwyn, Christopher, Craig, Dave, Heidi, Janene, Jennifer, Joel, Ken, Neil, Peter, Roger, Ruth, Yelena, and speedyJenny & I.

Craig received the winter season award, having attended all the training sessions. I noted that his Blackmores' Half Marathon was a 4 minute pb, an appropriate reward for all his efforts over the last six months. And that he did a great job looking after the training sessions while I was on holidays.

Everyone got a special mention, but a special special mention goes to Bronwyn as today is her 40th birthday. She can draw a line under her long list of stats, results, and records, and start again with brand new pbs.

Bronwyn at Mt Taylor

I haven't quite got the hang of Tuesdays yet; it is taking a while to get into a routine. It will be good when Tuesday 3 November arrives and the five week Spring Series of races begins.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Bronwyn!

    Congrats Craig! You were the only speedygoose to beat Antonia Kidman on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo...my CR cap likes to make me look weirder than normal, doesn't help that I also got my ears covered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, I looked worse than you on the day, one ear covered and one uncovered and no mirror. A certain person who shall remain nameless (not a speedygoose) greeted me with the suggestion that there was a village somewhere short of one idiot. It took me quite a while to work out what was meant.

    ReplyDelete