Monday 9 March 2009

twenty six letters and a handful of punctuation marks

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, March 09, 2009 with
Plans this week include another attempt at a fast 5k. I have got under 20 minutes only once since turning 60... and then not by much.
I don't imagine I will do more than 80k in total this week.

Monday 9 March jog - recover from yesterday's half marathon. Note - there is no training scheduled at Parliament House today.
Tuesday 10 jog. Note - there is a Summer Series race at 6:15pm at the Acton Ferry Terminal.
Wednesday 11 jog.
Thursday 12 race ACTMA 5k track championships.
Friday 13 lots of stretching, a light jog, and then a massage.
Saturday 14 9:00am 200m intervals at Stromlo.
Sunday 15 8:00am long run at Stromlo.

I had planned to run the half marathon at a steady pace and that is what I did - a pleasant tempo run at 4:30 per km all the way. I found that a lot easier than racing it! I enjoyed the course and the company of a large field. My ~94.30 was 8 minutes faster than last year when I ran with Charlie, but for some reason felt easier. And, no sign of the hamstring problem that had plagued me mid-week.

News updates
Canberra marathon entry deadline 20 March, and you enter by slow mail.

CJ invites anyone who would like a fitness assessment to contact her. Check it out at http://froggie61.blogspot.com/2009/03/those-lazy-hazy-days-ofautumn.html

Sydney 2009 World Masters Games: “I would like to invite you to attend the Sydney 2009 World Masters Games Information Session to be held in the Hopman Room, West Belconnen Leagues Club, Hardwick Crescent, on Thursday 12 March at 6.30pm. Join fellow sport participants and representatives of local sporting associations to learn more about how you can become involved in the world’s largest multi-sport event. Places are limited - book now !!! RSVP: Monday 9 March. Please advise if more than one person will be (including their name and email address). Kind Regards, Rod Dowler, Group Manager Marketing, Sydney 2009 World Masters Games Organising Committee.” Information Session enquiries: info@2009worldmasters.com.

I said, hands on HIPS!

Darn cat