Friday 28 March 2008

Transition to winter

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, March 28, 2008 with

Kathy racing in Canberra. Kathy had a great AMA nationals, coming back with two silver medals in her two events, the 800m and the 1500m.

Who trained at Dickson's first winter session? Miranda, Neil, Bronwyn, Thea, Kathy and I. What did we do? We ran 12 x 200m with a 100m recovery jog.
This session will be repeated over the next few Thursdays at Dickson, while a complementary session will take place Mondays at Parliament House.

Coming Events
Kowen Forest ACTVAC handicap - this Sunday, 9am. Allow plenty of time to get there. Note - daylight saving still applies! It won't end for another week.

Cross Country Club's 16k/32k tomorrow (Saturday) - Black Mountain Peninsula, 7am.
I will be running the 16k as preparation for the marathon, and I won't be at Kowen as I have other things on at the time. In fact, I will have a rest day from running on Sunday if Saturday goes all to plan.