Friday 21 March 2008

Good Friday but could be better.

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, March 21, 2008 with
The Real Easter story involves Jesus' suffering and death on Good Friday, then rising from the dead on Easter Sunday. I am not planning to parallel that story as I race a 10k on Friday morning and a 5k on Sunday morning! But suffering, yes I am going for it, it will be make and/or break!

I could do anything from running a great sub 40 and getting amongst the medals, through to finding my small niggles turn into larger niggles and I dnf, or even worse, dns!

Let's make a prediction then. This is how I will go in the M55 age group:

Friday I run 4th in the 10k in 40:00.05. In the pouring rain. Third place laps me.
Sunday no big resurrection for me! I run 6th in the 5k in 20:20. First three break 19 minutes.
Monday in the Cross Country I jog it and still run 8th.

My Real Easter Story will be revealed by Tuesday. The above is a prediction.