Friday 28 December 2007

Watch This Space

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, December 28, 2007 with
My New Year Resolutions for 2007 were to stretch, stretch, and stretch. Some progress has been made here. And I wanted to exceed 80km per week all 2007. Not achieved! And I wished to spend more quality time with my friends. Not achieved! And I was aiming for ten grandchildren by the end of the year. Achieved!

My New Year Resolution for 2008 is to establish one regular long run which may get extended every couple of weeks. And to enjoy my entry into the M60s by keeping my goals reasonably conservative.

My main targets are
23 March AMA 5,000m championships
08 April Canberra Marathon
18 May Canberra Half Marathon

How I plan to achieve these targets
I will do 3000m-type training with enough long runs to make the marathon achievable and bring it all together for a go at a fast half marathon in May. By 3000m training I mean anything up to 110km per week with one speed session of km intervals, one faster day of a short time trial or short (3000m) race, and one longer run.

What to do then
I have no idea. I will review progress and decide how serious I want to be for the rest of 2008. I will be licking my wounds, perhaps. Stay tuned. Watch this space. A DNA made Dee news we needed, Amanda.

Criminal mastermind
The December 14th issue of the Lewiston Tribune ran two substantial photos on the same page: in one, a husky man in a black-and-blue checkered coat is seen hanging Christmas decorations in a shop window. In the other, a surveillance camera shows a convenience-store customer's unattended wallet being swiped by . . . a husky man in a black-and-blue checkered coat. Local police noticed the similarities, and quickly arrested the hapless criminal mastermind for felony second-degree theft.


click to enlarge