Monday 21 May 2007

Monday Morning Monitor

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, May 21, 2007 with
My training progress
last week's target: 120k
achieved: 82k
year total to date: 2,065k in 20 weeks
this week’s target: 90k: will be on holidays at end of week.
weight: 64kg ►◄

Monday was a day off after the half marathon; Friday I didn't run, not feeling too well. Hopefully in two weeks and with more rest I will be OK to run Doomben. Still, there is nothing wrong with an 80k+ week, and even if that's "all" I do for the rest of 2007, I will still be way ahead of the year's target.

Saturday cross country results - Mawson 3.7k (short course)
Women 11. Annette Sugden W40 17:34
No other goose ran. The course wasn't all that inspiring, I hear.

Brett Cartwright wins SMH Half
I came across Brett last month training on Drake Brockman Drive just 100m from where I live. And spoke to him briefly about marathons, as you do. Apparently he lives not far away from me. And trains by himself? But that was the first time I had seen him.