Tuesday 6 February 2007

everything paraging

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 with
quote of the day: A great leader's courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.

I am terribly sorry if I cause offence with anything I say and do as a running adviser and motivator. Sometimes, just sometimes, I am dealing with so many people at once that I overlook the sensitivities of one or two. So if that is happening, I apologise, I mean only to assist and instruct.

And if I seem to favour one over another, it is not my intention, I have no favourites, "everyone is my favourite".

No one need feel they are less worthy of advice and encouragement and support than any other. So once again, sorry, I will from now on determine to make only paraging remarks.

nothing disparaging here
Monday night's training was a great session of 2 x 5 x 350m on 2:15 on 15. That is, we did some quick little circuits near the eastern rose gardens (which are now dug up) with only a short break, in two sets of five. I enjoyed actually finishing in front in three of the ten circuits! Running were Amanda, Christopher, Emma, Ewen, Helen, James, Joel, Ken, Maria, Michael, Neil, Peter, Ruth, Shisei, Yelena, David W and I. Welcome back David; welcome new starter Shisei! And Michael Freer at 77 continues to amaze; he backed up at the Tuesday group this morning!










FOOTNOTES
1.T&F this Thursday
6.00 3000m
6.15 60m
7.00 800m
7.30 hour
7.45 200m
8.00 4 x 100m relay

2. ACTA relays this Saturday
On Saturday 10 February 5:35pm 4 x 400, 6:15pm 4 x 1500m, 7:20pm 4 x 100. Entries close 15mins before start time; cost $5, additional gate fee not required.

3. Tomorrow I am running the BBQ Stakes; I probably survived today's long run OK. Then I am busy and will next attend the Sprint-Marathon relay, 8am Sunday, Dunrossil Drive (as well as training Saturday).