Monday 23 January 2006

Sample Training #2 - General Endurance

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, January 23, 2006 with

#2 General Endurance
.
For General Endurance I would just run long slow distances, so there is no sample session here, just the common sense principle of building up gradually and not focusing on the other areas (listed next) in the months when doing so. Just jog; slow down, stick to the 10% principle; schedule every third or fourth week an easy week.
.
My progress

last week’s target 80 km, achieved 80 km
comment It is tough running 20k on a Sunday morning to make up the distance. Especially when I haven't run that far for a long time. And when the temperature is already into the thirties. I managed to average 5:10 per km, but felt absolutely awful for the last 3km. I should really try to spread the training out over the whole week! And I am starting to doubt this marathon idea.
this week’s target 90 km
weight 67 kilos
quote of the week "Sleep in. The early worm gets eaten by the bird."
song of the week Ode To Chin by Switchfoot from Ode To Chin
.
"Grow, grow where you are
Anchor your roots underneath
Doubt your doubts and believe your beliefs"