Friday 15 June 2018

This week’s speedygeese training sessions

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, June 15, 2018 with
Sunday 10 June: long run report [Dave]: A small group of 5 speedygeese turned up for today’s long run on the Tour De Ridges course at Mawson/Isaacs. We set off across the park and a few minutes later found everyone else at the right car park 🤣
Mhairi and Shiree led the pack out and then I took a photo of everyone (except Mhairi and Shiree) standing in a pack smiling.
Everyone ran up a big hill while I jogged along behind. Eventually they stopped and I took more pics. Then they all disappeared and I aborted the run and headed back to the car (after 5 unsuccessful attempts to do a race and a tempo run the day before the long run it might be time to try a different strategy 🤣).
Thach and Candy turned up at Fox and Bow for coffee an hour later. Apparently some others are on the way. Oh, hang on, Jen’s just arrived.
No idea who ran or how far but you can probably figure it out from the photos. 😁. I think Helen’s in there?? 😂



Monday 11 June at Parliament House: Hill reps, 8 x 100 on 90 seconds, then 10 x 200 (down; up) on 2 minutes. Ages ranged from 7 to 71 years old! Participating were Joel, Colin, Lisa, Isaac, Giles, Jen, Rae, Daniel and me. Only one person was exhausted afterwards and it wasn't the 7 or the 71 year old (see photo).



Thursday 14 June at Parliament House: The session was 5 x 600 with 300 jog, plus a 300. Present were Jen, Isaac, Colin, Jacob, Brownie, Jennie, Dave and me. I ran 5k early and mostly watched.