Friday 8 June 2018

This week’s speedygeese training sessions. And a must-watch video.

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, June 08, 2018 with
Sunday 03 June: long run report [Narelle]: Well , I thought I would do a bit of a run report . 21 geese lined up for the SG LR this morning , lucky the wind kept away , and temperature for Winter were pretty mild . The Geese flock gathered at Mc Donald's in tuggies near the Hyperdome, actually South Point now . We ran for a couple of km along Tuggies lake , then ventured to Urambi Hills , skirting around the hill although a few wayward geese took a detour up to the top of Urambi . From there we took a trail along the Murrumbidgee river to pine island , where the flock split. With a group doing 14/15 km . The rest ventured on to my favourite part of the Murrumbidgee corridor , Pine island to Point Hut. Very beautiful & scenic with a few creek crossings . Due to my curry night and wines there was a I need for a pit stop , before venturing on to the back of Bonython fire trail were you can stretch your legs . A short couple of km on the bike path back to the starting point Maccas and it was all done . Hopefully you all enjoyed it. Breakfast at Milligrams looks awesome , Graeme said the coffee was very good . Also thanks for Graeme for helping me map out the run . We are really lucky to have such beautiful trails in our back yard . All Geese did between 14-21 km as far as I'm aware. Check out William Barlow's awesome video !! Special thanks to Lisa for messaging us that she had some knee trouble and was getting picked up. Good luck with your knee Lisa. I hope you all enjoyed this run as I believe it is one of the most beautiful trails Canberra has to offer. 🏃♀️ 🏃♂️ 🏃♀️ 🏃♂️ 😃

Monday 04 June at Parliament House: Christopher, Dave and I were there not participating; participating in 12 x 170 runs on 150 seconds were Giles, Warrick, Pieta, Ruth, Jen, Isaac and Bernado.

Thursday 07 June at Parliament House: I can’t explain the low turn-out, just Dave, Brownie, Colin, Jen and I were there for repeats of 200 (jog 200 back), 300 (300), 400 (400) for 25 minutes. It wasn’t cold. The car park was empty too not much happening at Parliament House today.

The Sunday crowd



William’s video, at https://youtu.be/M12KeHlnOp4