Wednesday 13 January 2016

speedygeese training

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 with
On Sunday Pieta, Bron, Andrew, Dave and I met at Stromlo Forest Park for our long run; I must have been dehydrated because I was suffering badly at the end of it. Next time I carry electrolyte drink.

On Monday at Parliament House it was really hot; no one ran early, very wise. For the main session we all ran 2 x 600m, 2 x 400m, 2 x 200m with a jog and plenty to drink in between each effort. The air conditioning ducts kept as cool! Participating were Ben, Caroline, Colin, Dave, David, Ewen, Garry, me, Isaac, Jen, Pieta, Rae, Ruth and Vanessa.

No Sunday run next time and I won't be able to make it Monday but training is still on. The following week, Monday 25th, we meet at the Dog Park in Yarralumla because the Parliament House area will be busy for Australia Day celebrations.