Wednesday 26 August 2015

“there's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing” – Isaac

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 with
I was a bit surprised how few joined us for training this week.

Thursday at Dickson under lights: Dave, Kathy, Roger, Susan, Thea and Tory attended, running 4 x 3 minutes on the track, plus a shuttle relay.

Sunday at Stromlo Forest Park: just me, running 13k and enjoying feeling recovered from a seven week cold.

Monday at Parliament House: I ran early; then Susan, Jen, Isaac and I warmed up and ran 100m intervals; I did 12 and the others did 8. We were well sheltered from the cold wind and rain. Note to others: Monday training is never cancelled. I can understand people not wanting to drive in that weather. However the roads were fairly empty, just the usual handful of lunatics in a hurry to get home.

OK; on the worst of days I have done extra gym sessions, and pushed harder. Hoping you are the same.