Saturday 19 March 2011

on the double

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, March 19, 2011 with
Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Trochees:


It was a lovely autumn Canberra morning for a run: it stayed cool with the ocasional very light drizzle or mist ("mizzle"). Ruth, still training for the marathon, ran 34k, I ran 30k, Andy, Ewen & Emma P ran 20k, Mary ran 15.5k (late start), and Chuan & Ann, recovering from last Sunday's half marathon, did 12k.

In the last few kms, running by myself at that stage, I came across Keith Bateman whom I had never actually met before, although he has commented a couple of times on this blog and we are Facebook friends - http://www.facebook.com/#!/keith.bateman2. He was conducting a personal training session down by the lake for Greg Polson, who coincidentally I also know, for he was in the same class as me at Adelaide Boys High School in 1965. So it was good to see both of them, especially to meet Keith, current world record holder in the M55 1500m, 5000m, and 10000m track events, and going for another 10k record in a week's time.

Keith and Greg were doing some barefoot running practise, and Keith told me that 60% of his running is barefoot. Interesting!

So, for me, just 15k scheduled tomorrow will give me an eleventh 100km week for the year, keeping alive the hope of a faster half marathon in three weeks' time.

... this post brought to you by St Patrick Day's green, a couple of days late to be sure, never mind.