Saturday 15 August 2009

winds light to variable

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, August 15, 2009 with
Dunrossil Drive
I am planning to do a long run in the sun today to take advantage of the perfect weather. Probably do about a quarter of this week's 90k target just to make the most of a beautiful day. In the middle of it I will "race" the Dunrossil Drive 4.2k, which probably means running no faster than Ewen, and if he is too fast, which is often the case, tagging on with someone slower. Tomorrow foul weather is forecast so today is a good day to make hay.

Nortons
Don’t you love Vista! I have uninstalled and reinstalled Nortons and my PC is now stable. I hope. But … I also made the mistake of doing a system restore, and now I get a blank page with only “the page failed to load” for most control panel functions. Also, icons are not displayed correctly. These things happen all the time. I have a work-around for running system commands, e.g. “Netplwiz” to manage users, but it’s a pain.

Trent
As I predicted yesterday, Trent Hentschel played a blinder for the Crows in his return match last night. I stayed up for the free to air delayed coverage so little sleep has eventuated. Among other things, he kicked the goal that gave the Crows the lead at the twenty minute mark of the second quarter, after the Crows had trailed reigning premiers Hawthorn by five goals in the first quarter. From there the Crows were never headed and the result means the Crows will play finals footy, and Hawthorn will not.

No time to lose
This, then shopping, then running, then some writing, then a party. It's all go, as usual.

On Your Marks
get set. go.