Saturday, 22 August 2009

milestones

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, August 22, 2009 with 6 comments
Flying by
Happy birthday to our youngest grandchild, Charlie Moore, two years old today! I hope the Brisbane weather is fine today so that the family can enjoy an outdoors celebration.

Jenny and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary, also today, as we start our fortieth year together. Wow! As an aside, I will be in no state to run well tomorrow morning in the Half Marathon but I still hope to be there on time.

There are too many milestones in my life which mark the passage of time. But I still like to celebrate, although maybe not quite as hard as forty years ago.

Cross Country Run - click to see full size
Roger

me

Heidi

Ewen
You can see how great Canberra winter weather can be. Although, there was a bit of a headwind that day, just on the section of sand where these photos were taken.

6 comments:

  1. "Wow" indeed Speedygeoff! 40 years! You really are into endurance.

    Congratulation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way I hope that is a Swan near your groin Speedygeoff. Otherwise "Click to see full size" takes on awhole new meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I did notice a certain optical illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congratulations - Happy happy anniversary. You are a great couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow 40 years. Happy anniversary to you.

    Very beautiful view of the sky and the lake. We don't have such luxury in Singapore, too much haze from forest fire in Indonesia :(

    ReplyDelete