Wednesday 19 August 2009

buttons for eyes

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 with
Jenny and I have just seen Coraline - in 3D - what a great movie! I loved the graphic novel; then I read the non-graphic version; and now the movie. The movie was a major re-write; some scenes were unchanged, but much of the movie was new stuff, even with the addition of a major character which was something of a disappointment. The other disappointment was there were only two other people in the theatre! Unbelievable for a five star movie that's only been on for a week or so. The 3D animation was sensational but not over-done. It is decades since I saw a 3D movie and technology has certainly advanced. But back then it was gimmicky and recently Monsters v Aliens looked gimmicky too, although I didn't see the 3D version. Nevertheless I will definitely be seeing "Up" in 3D when it is finally released here.



"There's one tiny little thing you need to do. Black is traditional".
I loved the movie. It is wonderfully scary for all ages!

BBQ Stakes recent best times
The Stakes are on today; before I go and run it today, here are our recent best times:
Katie 24.57 08-Jul
Roger 25.22 24-Jun
me 25.50 17-Jun
Ken 26.31 24-Jun
Gary 27.17 05-Aug
Helen 27.41 06-May
Brett 27.48 12-Aug
Amanda 28.16 12-Aug
It looks like a great day today for pb's.

[edit: today Helen ran a recent pb of 27:30; on her 50th birthday and all!]