Monday 11 July 2005

Go Girl!

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, July 11, 2005 with
To all those girls in the training group who thought I was somehow responsible for the "running picture" in go girl's comment on my post earlier today, here's a still picture..



It was good getting back into training at Parliament House tonight; some regulars weren't there, but there were a few new faces, and the return of a few old ones, including people recovered from injury. Bit of a plod for me, as I hadn't run a step all last week in Sydney, then yesterday coasted around the 10 mile race at Black Mountain Peninsula averaging 4:35s. My run was just like the Crows win against Hawthorn on the same day - terrible start, no finish, but flew in the middle stages. Back to basics I think; I am supposed to be racing a 5k in Adelaide in three months time and have no form. The achilles is still causing much grief (it has been 9 months now).

Great picture in last Friday's Canberra Times, taken in 1976 of the leaders in the first ever Canberra Times Fun Run. I'll scan it and publish it if the quality is reasonable.

You must remember this, the best is yet to come!