Saturday 9 June 2012

big ben

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, June 09, 2012 with
Speedygeese at Ginninderra Parkrun #7 today:
7 Andrew SIMPSON 21:01
10 Joel PEARSON 21:37
21 Geoff MOORE 24:03
22 Lucia PIETROPAOLI 24:21
23 Jill PEARSON 25:29
36 Yelena PEARSON 28:15
48 finishers

Jill won a basket of fruit for being the best dressed (her face was made up like Big Ben thanks to the other daughter-in-law, i.e. the non-running one.)

From the Parkrun FB page:

Winner of best dressed at 'All Things British' Gindy parkrun - Jill Pearson as Big Ben! Congrats Jill, great effort!

Incidentally in the 5k I caught Jill as we started onto the peninsula, well after the bridge. So, Ewen, you won't have to shout me a beer,

Nic Bideau article: there is a new article about Nic Bideau in the New Breed website. an excerpt:
What’s the funniest thing you have ever seen in sport?
Henry Rono…2 hour warm up at a Melbourne International track meeting. The gun goes off, Henry goes to back for first 8 laps, then wins in 27.30 when the world record was only 27.22…when asked why he went to the back for so long after such a long warm up he said, “I wasn’t warm enough”

See the full article at http://www.newbreedrunning.com.au/running/nic-bideau-interview/

I never did warm up properly for the 5k this morning. A temperature of minus 4 had something to do with it as well as only jogging around for twenty minutes. I didn't feel warm at all. I often feel that by the time I have finally warmed up I am too tired to race. And I rarely start fast in a race. An exception was 2011's YCRC Half Marathon. I am running a Half Marathon Monday and again in two weeks. In both cases, at training pace. There will be no fast start attempts for a while yet.