Thursday 19 March 2009

Twenty Years Ago Today

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, March 19, 2009 with
... well not today, and not twenty years either. I was playing some old Beatles songs - by no means the oldest - and noticed the date ...Strawberry Fields Forever, and Penny Lane, recorded with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in 1966, that's 43 years ago!

Are we there yet?
...  I will never ask that question again. We are already 43 years past the best of it!

song of the week

... which made me want to go back to some old songs for my song of the week. With "No Line on the Horizon" on repeat in my playlist, I thought an old U2 song would be appropriate. U2 have always excelled.

With Or Without You.
... and if you don't have U2's "Live in Boston" DVD, you should! The best track on the DVD is an amazing rendition of "With or Without You", my song of the week this week. What a great live version, a must see!



Twenty-two.
"With or Without You" was first recorded in 1987 on the "Joshua Tree" album, still rated amongst the best albums ever.
... but that's 22 years ago!

Summer Series #7 – Lake Ginninderra 7.1k – Tuesday 17 March
35. Thea Zimpel 32:39
52. Adam Robinson 36:28
56. Caroline Campbell W65 40:06
62. Margaret McSpadden W60 42:00
63. Geoff Moore M60 42:02
66 finishers

See How She Runs

After a huge St Patrick's day breakfast, followed by a race up Mt Ainslie at lunch time, Caroline still ran really well in the 7.1k race later on the same day. Not too bad for someone born 67 years ago!

That's me in six year's time. Time will fly and so will I. Running on Athletic Fields Forever.