Monday 17 July 2006

A better week? Let's hope so.

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, July 17, 2006 with
My training progress

last week's target n/a actual 58k including a 10 mile race & one gym session
this week’s target 70k, 12k race, two gym sessions
quote of the week "Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead." – unknown, but has apparently experienced a “City to Surf”.
weight 64.5kg and falling
song of the week Anchor – Lifehouse – Stanley Climbfall.

I know that I'll never be alone
you will never let me go
you are my anchor
hold my hand
while I'm sinking in the sand
no one else could understand
you are my anchor


I was really looking forward to watching the Crows play the Kangaroos this Friday night. Guess what time the game is on? 5am Saturday morning. Unbelievable. Stupid channel nine. How pathetic. If they don't want to show the game at a reasonable time, let Foxtel take it. That way I could go down to Wests, find a small tv well away from the big screen showing NRL, and watch another thumping Crows victory. The Year of the Crow continues!

And I got it right with the "tumbles down" prediction two days ago, hey!

See you at training tonight rain or (moon) shine, and don't forget to look at "coming events" to see details of the cross country championships coming up this weekend.